NEW ‘NET SET GO’ DROP OFF ZONE
2021 WPSNC Borrowing Players – NSNA Borrowing Rules
- Clubs with 2 or more teams in the SAME grade must borrow from the grade below. (WPS 4 & 5, WPS 10 & 11)
- A Netball teams graded lowest in their CLUB cannot borrow from another netball team, only from NetSetGo teams. (WPS 12)
NSNA Bylaws: 2.7 LIMITATIONS TO PLAYING IN A HIGHER TEAM
- Players may only play up two (2) times in an association competition to remain eligible to play in their registered team (So, if they play once in one team and once in a different team, that is the maximum they can play up.)
- Should a player play three (3) games in an association competition in any higher grade they shall be considered a player of the next highest grade they played in. (And hence they will have to move teams, leaving their registered team short of players.)
- If a player plays up for one (1) team in a split round the player shall be deemed to have played one (1) game not two (2) d. If a player plays up for two (2) different teams in a split round, it will count as two (2) games. (NB Split rounds may result from a rain cancellation. If a player plays up twice in a split round, their maximum is reached.)
PLEASE DON’T RISK IT, CHECK BORROWING CAREFULLY, DON’T JUST GRAB ANY PLAYER.
We are looking forward to a fantastic 2021 season!
*FOR ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT YOUR COMMITTEE:-
Or reach out via Facebook or Instgram @WPSNetballClub
By registering, all players, parents, coaches, managers, umpires and spectators agree to abide by the 2021 WPSNC Codes of Conduct
We are urgently seeking a second NSG Convenor to share the volunteer role for 2021. if you are a new or current Yr 2 or Yr 3 parents please consider getting involved in our friendly committee. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our teams play in the Northern Suburbs Netball Association (NSNA) winter competition, which runs from the beginning of April until the end of September. For more information regarding Netball, click here to go directly to the NSNA website.
All information regarding the 2021 season will be governed by the current NSW State Government health guidelines in place at the time. Any changes to the season will be communicated ASAP.
All girls under 10 are eligible to participate in a modified rules version of netball, called NetSetGo. The NSG Comp (formerly Nettas) is designed to teach younger players the rules of the game, as well as good sportsmanship and netball skills. NSG is played on SUNDAY mornings.
NSG U8s and U9s are generally not graded and the girls mostly play in friendship teams. NSG matches are played on SUNDAY mornings at either 9am, 10am or 11am at Willoughby Leisure Centre outdoor courts. The competition commences in late March. Match times will be provided by NSNA in mid March 2021.
The top grade(s) of U9s NetSetGo may be played under full netball rules. This is generally for girls in their 3rd year of NSG.
Our U10s, U11s and U12s players, participate in Friday night Netball, from 4.30-7pm at the Willoughby Leisure Centre outdoor courts. Some of the 12s teams may play on Saturday mornings at WLC. This will be determined by NSNA in March 2021. All junior teams are graded. Team selections take place in February 2021 – important details below.
A reminder, all players, parents, coaches, managers, umpires and spectators must abide by the 2021 WPSNC Codes of Conduct
2021 Squad Training
|U12 (Yr 6)||Monday||3.15pm – 4.30pm*|
|U11 (Yr 5)||Tuesday||3.15pm – 4.30pm*|
|U10 (Yr 4)||Wednesday||3.15pm – 4.30pm*|
|NSG U8 Year 2
NSG U9 Year 3
|Tuesday or Thursday
|7.45am – 8.45am
3.15pm – 4.30pm*
- All Netball teams will train as a year squad at the start of training each week, then split into their individual teams for the 2nd half of training. Each year will have a Head Coach and individual Team Coaches.
- Netball team training will commence at 3.15pm through to 4.30pm*, however some teams or players may choose to finish at 4.15pm.
- NSG teams have the choice of Tuesday or Thursday mornings (7.45 – 8.45am) or Thursday afternoons 3.15 – 4.30pm*), as best suits the majority of the team members and their individual coach.
- Training begins in early March at School.
2021 Codes of Conduct
Contacting the 2021 Netball Committee
If you would like to know more about the WPS Netball program, please contact the netball committee on email@example.com Contact details for the Netball Exec Committee in 2021 are:
|Club Director||Mel Fisherfirstname.lastname@example.org||0418 450 980|
|Club Secretary||Caroline Vickeryemail@example.com|
|Netball Convenor||Zoi Barberfirstname.lastname@example.org||0448 900 103|
|Treasurers||Emma McGoldrick & Saskia Kirsonemail@example.com|
|NSG Co-convenors||Monique Riddellfirstname.lastname@example.org|